Saturday, March 18

What's a meme?

I recently discovered the joy of memes. If you don't know what a meme is check out this link... http://thedailymeme.com/what-is-a-meme/ . It's not that I am so self-absorbed that it's all about me. Oh, wait a minute, this is my blog, it IS all about ME! The memes get me to ponder my own thoughts and opinions about different things, even things that aren't usually worth pondering. I think I might have to make this a weekly blog thing.


Here's an example of one:

Today's questions are about collecting authors.
1. Are you currently collecting any authors? Why?
2. Do you have all of their books? If not, why not?
3. Did you buy all the books in the collection at the same time, or did you buy a book here, a book there?
4. Have you actually read all the collection? If not, why not?

My answer:
1. Yes, I collect Sue Grafton alphabet mystery books.
2. I have all of her books. And I have read all of her books. I've even read her short stories.
3. I did not buy the collection all at once.
4. I started reading the first one, A is for Alibi and I loved it so I bought B is for Burglar then the rest was history. I never bought the next one until I finished the one before. I think I was all caught up by the time she wrote H is for Homicide. After that I had to wait for each one to come out. I never realized it until I read an interview in the newspaper from her, but a new one comes out every 18 months. I have her newest, S is for Silence but I haven't starting reading it yet. I prefer to shorten the length of time before the next one comes out by holding off on reading this one until summer.

0 comments:

 
;