Saturday, March 11

Almost spring

The weather today is amazingly beautiful for March. The temperature is 67 and the sun is shining. I've thrown the windows open to get a real whiff of the outdoors. It rained this morning and the musty scent of wet road is in the air and the breeze feels damp. It feels like the beginning of something new and fresh. As if the rain is washing away winter and the wind will dry it all off. It alters my mood and gives me a feeling of new beginnings. I can't help but think about things like planting some seeds for my vegetable garden and painting my fence. I took Toby outside so he could chase leaves in the wind. I love to watch him breathe deeply like he's getting a taste of the outdoors and memorizing the experience. He scampered and scurried along the yard until he heard a sound that frightened him enough to send him running towards the house.

A trip to the House of Harley felt like the beginning of the new riding season. Even the people there were more upbeat than usual, I would guess the winter blues just melted away with the snow. Even though it's winter, there were so many bikes there. The place was packed. It was tough to find a place to park the car. There were new chrome accessories available and I wondered if the updates for the bike would ever end. I'm thinking no. We tried a shot at the Leprechaun launch, where we took turns catapulting a little stuffed Leprechaun over a balcony to (hopefully) land into the pot of gold or at least on a shamrock on the floor for a discount on merchandise. With no success, it seemed that New flame fork covers were the deal of the since they were already discounted without the Leprechaun launch fun money.

We chatted with some HOG chapter members that we knew and headed out the door. We'll see most of them tonight at bowling. For my team, this is the most important night. We're in first place with another team on our heels so we have to win all 7 points. I haven't bowled well all season so I'm not hopeful for any fantastic season-ending finish tonight. I just hope BJ bowls well. He's one of the stars of the league and I think he enjoys the little bit of status it brings. Here's hoping for the luck of the Irish to take home the trophy.

0 comments:

 
;