Tuesday, March 28

Pecking Order

Jeff and I went out to a company sponsored event. So he asks me what I want to drink knowing very well that the offerings would be limited. I'm thinking to myself, "Wouldn't it be easier to tell me what they have, or even better, he knows what I would choose. Or I would think he should know by now!" So I ask for my usual first choice.

"Do they have Corona Light?" I say.

His response, "No."

"Do they have Corona?"

His response, "No."

"How about Rolling Rock Green Light?"

His response, "No."

I say, "Ok so that must mean no Rolling Rock either."

His response, "No."

I'm thinking I'm tired of playing this game, so I start rattling off the list in the exact order that I always choose them. "So how about Mike's Hard Lemonade, or Fosters, or Michelob Ultra?"

His response, "No."

"Don't you know my pecking order by now?", I say with a half-smirk.

He peers in the fridge and hands me a Heineken. Well now he's thinking! And was that so hard? Why did I have to go through all that? Oh well, I'm sure I will repeat this scene more than once more.

0 comments:

 
;