Saturday, March 4

Church fellowship

It was my turn to bake for church fellowship today. I like to try new things so I made these brownies that had a layer of marshmallow cream topped with a mixture of melted chocolate chips and peanut butter with rice krispies thrown in. They looked a little weird with the little rice krispie lumps on top. Even though they were good I'm not sure I'd make them again.

Whenever I have to do fellowship bake I am also the communion assistant. It is extremely rewarding. I've tried to make the bread from scratch but I struggle with getting the nice round shape to the loaf that is acceptable to share with others. They usually come out misshaped or a little too dense. So I've caved and started ordering sourdough from Great Harvest bread store. The loaves are perfect, I just have to remember to order a day in advance and sometimes my organizational skills are lacking and I forget. During the service I get to give out the wine (the blood of Christ...amen). I make sure I keep eye contact with each person who comes up for communion. I can't really explain how good it feels except to say it makes me feel connected with everyone in the church.

I made sure I signed up to go to St Vincent's Thursday to feel the homeless. I want to give more to others and since I don't have much cash, my time will have to do.

So now that I'm home I'm negotiating with God - as if He owes me something just because I did some good works today. Jeff is installing a new 200 gig harddrive (yes, I do mean 200!) in my computer and he is having some trouble. And in my own arrogance I decided not to back up my system before he started. I lost everything on my harddrive once before so I should have learned my lesson but no. So instead I'm pleading with God that it all turns out. Most of the stuff on my computer is of no real consequence except for the 1,726 songs that are in my iTunes file. And actually, it's the reason I wanted another harddrive. I couldn't make a backup copy of my music files because of their large size. So once this is over, hopefully I can....please God, let it work.

0 comments:

 
;