Thursday, March 9

My spoiled cat

My family says I spoil my cat. I did make him this quilt but it didn't happen on purpose. I went to my favorite fabric store, Calico Canvas and Colors in Racine so Bailee could get some new kids' fabrics. While we were there I was browsing and I found this oh so cute fabric with kitties and doggies all over it. The patterns included little paw prints in bold colors and so many fantastic color combinations that I could not resist. So I picked out 5 fat quarters. And yes, I know that CC&C doesn't sell fat quarters-they have half-yard cuts but since they look like fat quarters I will continue to call them that! I took the fabric home and stared at it for a long time. As I continued to think about it during the work day I started surfing for quilt patterns when I was bored. I found this really cool triangle pattern that looked busy yet had some consistency to it. And the quilt was born. Bailee fell in love with it as well and is in the process of making a baby quilt with the same pattern. I spent two full days completing the project and it is adorable. Plus I think Toby likes it.

0 comments:

 
;