Monday, March 6

Employee appreciation

I got to the gym this morning even though we are still one car short. I made BJ get up at 5:30 and drive me to work. He did appreciate how light the traffic was at the early hour. Getting in the gym first thing is such a mental cleansing for me. Physical health benefits aside, the emotional strength it gives me is worth more. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to get home.

So today I will calmly try to figure out how to get my music moved to my new drive. And take my time about it. Also on the agenda for this week is getting my taxes done, balancing my checkbook, and cleaning up my home office. And I'm going to the UWM game on Tuesday and the Bucks game on Wednesday - something fun to look forward to. Thursday is a trip to St. Vinnie's to feed the homeless.

It's employee appreciation week at work and they waste their money on such junk. We all have balloons tied to candy bars on our desks. Thanks for the sugar and fat that I won't eat. You can bet I will find more sweet crap every day this week, again, thanks for nothing. How about a diet Coke, or a cup of Starbucks coffee? They also offered 10-minute massages on a first-come-first-served basis. Of course they are all filled up, a co-worker put it eloquently when he said, "It's like Communism, they make you stand in line to offer you something they don't have. " Hmmm, interesting analogy.

0 comments:

 
;