Friday, March 10

The Lesson

For the first time since I started attending DeVry, I don't feel like I have to hurry to beat everyone to the punch. I tend to want to be the first person to respond to questions and get the work done quickly. Especially when it comes to group projects. I hate them. There is a reason that I work with computers, there are no other people involved. Group projects require you to work with morons whose only comments are "I don't understand what we're supposed to do!" To me this translates to mean, "I'm too lazy to actually read the material and even if I did I would be too stupid to understand it anyway. Can't you just tell me what to do so I can pay you false compliments and then give you a shitty peer evaluation while you do all the work?" Plus you have those zealots who all want to be the leader and will step on each other to be on top, usually while they are dukeing it out, I am doing the actual work. I prefer to stay out of their way and then no matter what they decide, I turn in my version of a completed project and tell them to feel free to add, change, delete as they see necessary. This is my way of including them. Of course they never change what I do, sometimes they add more which is a good thing. I understand the reasons that instructors do this. They want you to develop the skills necessary to work with others but at the same time I see this as a way for them to get out of actually teaching anything. My cynicism hasn't changed since I started school.

After reviewing what I just wrote, I realize that I am beyond burnt out from school and ready to get it over and done with. It's odd. I should be excited to finish but I am too exhausted to care. I've been a maniac about maintaining A grades to the point that I didn't just want the A, I wanted a perfect score. If I didn't get one, I wanted to know why. But no more. I am not busting my ass for this class and I don't care what my grade is. Maybe that is the lesson I was supposed to learn all along. No matter how hard you try you have to put up with others and good work in a group is all you need to get by. Nope. That doesn't sound like me. Maybe I'm just ready to take on the next challenge in my life. But first I have to finish this one. 7 weeks and 2 days left to go.

0 comments:

 
;