Thursday, March 23

All in a day...

8:43 Only half an hour later than usual. Blame it on being sick since I took a sick day Tuesday.
8:45
Head down to Sodexho to get my medium-sized cup of Starbucks coffee.
8:50
Enjoy coffee and a poptart to start off the day.
8:59
Read e-mail. Major irritations in there so I will ignore them.
9:00
Can't ignore them, must respond to one in particular. Stupid accountant tells the accounts payable clerk to use a wrong account number on a batch of corrections she's doing. I need to know why I have to correct the accountant's corrections.
9:03
Annamarie called to say she will meet me tomorrow to go to the Italian Community Center at 7:15. I'm gonna bet that she will be late…not uncommon.
9:05
Must go to the bathroom.
9:07
Jennifer e-mailed me and wants me to find the hotel link she sent me last week because she is too busy to look back through her sent e-mails to find it. Sent her the link.
9:10
Jennifer wants the link to the hotel her dad wants to stay at because it's not in the list I sent in the first e-mail. Sent her the link.
9:15
Wrote out checks to pay some bills. Got up to drop the bills in the mail bin and walked back to my office by taking the long way around - through the kitchen. If there was a newspaper in there I would have stopped to peruse it but there wasn't.
9:17
Actually checked out the hotel link I just sent Jen, I think that place will be OK.
9:20
Did some real work by taking care of three requests from accounts payable.
9:22
Updated my really cute new address book.
9:30
Stupid accountant came by to argue her case stating that accounts payable is doing it wrong. This chick is not stupid after all, she's lazy.
9:45
One of the accountants wants some travel detail from the journal entry I made last month. While looking up the information, her boss calls and wants me to come to his office. When it rains, it pours. I told her I would look up the info when I got back from his office.
9:46
Went to the accountant's boss' office and gave him information he wanted. While I was in there I took the time to squeal on the lazy accountant.
9:50
Chatted with a co-worker about the state of the fitness center. She regaled me with a story about how she lost her access card under the treadmill last night.
10:09
Created a worksheet with the travel data for the accountant.
10:12
Argued with accounts payable about an answer I gave her, referred her to an accountant for clarification. In other words, got someone else to tell this woman I am right.
10:13
Got caught up with online class discussion. Don't have to log in for the rest of the day!
10:29
Back to the bathroom, stopped and filled my water glass.
10:32
Went through my junk mail from home, ripped it all up and threw it away.
10:39
Bought a diet coke. Tired of drinking the water. Maybe the fizzy soda will help my sore throat.
10:41
Made notes in my calendar: Trip to Office Max - the red stapler is on sale!
10:43
Login to instant messenger to see if any of my buddies would like to chat.
10:45
No one wants to say hi, I guess I'll cleanup my e-mail…delete, delete, delete!
10:57
Back to the bathroom, too much water and diet coke!
11:01
Login to text twist, it makes me look really busy.
11:03
An accountant wants me to produce a report for him. Cool…some work!
11:16
Back to text twist.
11:31
Lost first game. DEMURS - I should have known!
11:32
Chat with online buddy. All that dating angst. I wish I could tell the guy he's ugly and should stop going after hot chicks. He needs to lower his standards or be lonely forever. But I have to give him credit for trying.
11:53
Back to text twist.
12:18
Jennifer e-mailed again. We're back to discussing hotels. Greg wants to know right now where we are staying.
12:19
Left a message on Jeff's cellphone to see if he actually booked a room.
12:31
Decided to book the room on Expedia since they have a generous cancellation policy.
12:32
E-mailed Jennifer back and told her that indeed we had a room booked.
12:33
Rifled through the refrigerator and debated heating up soup.
12:34
Heated up soup.
12:36
Ate soup at my desk.
12:41 Made copies of quilt patterns for my next project.
12:45
Printed hotel confirmation from Expedia.
12:46
Asked accountant if there are facility job openings for C N A's. She made a phone call to her facility administrator friend and told me yes and who to contact. Good luck Sharisse. In return for the information I check to see if she made bonus. And as usual, she did. Administrator books trip to Cancun. I hate her.
12:49
Lost second game of text twist.
12:53 Walked to the café to hang out with accountants during their lunch hour.
1:59
Back to the bathroom and more water.
2:00
Checked e-mail. Responded to two requests. Followed up on a problem request.
2:08
Still waiting for Jeff to call back.
2:09
Checked the online discussion for school even though I've met my requirements for the day.
2:10
Steve sends me e-mail jokes about beer. He has to run over to watch me laugh. Ha-ha.
2:13
Jeff finally calls back.He did not book a room so I'm glad I took care of it.
2:17
Steve sends more e-mail jokes. This time they are co-worker jokes.
2:32
Shop online for new running shoes.
2:44
Steve sends more e-mail jokes. This time they are women vs men jokes.
2:52 Back to online shopping.
4:10
Ordered new shoes.
4:11
Walked across the department (very slowly) to make an appearance.
4:14
Packed up my tote bag to get ready to go home.
4:16
One last visit to the bathroom. Note to self: my boss is in the conference room across from the bathrooms. Make sure to leave the building through the kitchen in order to skip crossing in front of the conference room with coat on.
4:18 Time to go home, I'm really tired!

0 comments:

 
;