Sunday, January 25

Taking care of things

We called the funeral home first thing. I figured the best thing we could do is get things rolling. The flowers, thank you cards, and his belongings were delivered here at the house. Jeff called Bailee and told her everything was here if she wanted to come open her cards. I told her we were going by Kelly's to visit Mike and Carmen while they were still here. Kelly made lunch and we hung out for the afternoon. We left there and went to Boston Store. I needed to get the kids new sheets for their bed. There was residue on the bed from the baby's last moments. Bailee couldn't go home and look at that so I washed the new sheets in order to prepare to change them for them. I can't protect them from the horror of this but I have to do everything possible to help no matter how insignificant.

It's like a double whammy. Not only have I lost one of the loves of my life, I cannot protect my child from this horrible pain.

0 comments:

 
;