Wednesday, January 28

Taking care of things

The cats joyfully greeted us in the morning. After they hid away together for the last day or two, it was nice that they decided to trust us. Although they still haven't eaten much. I gave them treats which they ate, but they weren't really interested in their dish of food which makes me worry.

The cards keep coming. We started to open them and began the process of writing thank yous on Sunday. It was very difficult and time consuming so it was just a start. The amazing outpouring of love and concern is overwhelming. Funny how all the notes and cards are meant to help comfort yet every one we read makes us cry. We are blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives. It is really sad that it takes something this terrible to make us aware of how truly lucky we are.

I washed the sheets. Before I did, I took a photo of them, stains and all. I don't know why I am obsessed with recording every part of this nightmare. I even took pictures of all the flowers before they start to fade.

We went to Wal-Mart to get more bins, stopped at Blockbuster to rent some movies, and went back home. There is no ambition to do anything. So we laid around and watched movies all afternoon. Bailee called saying she was heading back to the house. They decided they wanted to move their bed into the baby's room. They still could't face sleeping in the place where the baby died. The call got us up and moving. We headed over to the house where I finished packing up the baby's things. Jeff and Adam moved the bed into the now emptied nursery and Bailee put on the new sheets. I gave her the bag of sheets that I washed and told her to throw them in the back of her closet.


Bailee and I packed the bins into my truck. She wanted the stuff out of the house and I wanted to protect it and keep it safe for when she is ready to look at it. Jeff and Adam took all the recycling and garbage out and Sandy finished cleaning the bathroom. We left them around 7. They were all going to Adam's aunt's house to spend the night.

It is hard to believe that a week has gone by since our sweet baby left us. And nothing gets any easier.

0 comments:

 
;