Tuesday, January 27

Taking care of things

Bailee and Adam wanted to put away the baby's things. Looking at them was too painful for them. I told her I would go with her to buy some rubbermaid bins to protect his belongings. She said she would call when she was ready to go.

The day wore on painfully. I couldn't get out of bed, couldn't get dressed. Bailee is not one for getting up early. I wish she was because that would be my only motivation to get moving. But since I have none I just lay around in the dark. Looking at funeral flowers around the house just makes things worse.

When Bailee finally called she had already bought some bins so we were going to meet her at her house. So we went over there to try and help them clean their house. By the time we got there Sandy had already been cleaning. Jeff picked up all the garbage. I helped Bailee pack up baby things. Adam and Jeff took apart the crib and changing table. After we finished filling the bins, there was still a lot of things to put away. I told them I would get more bins in the morning.

The bed sheets had to be dealt with. Since the baby died in their bed, they could barely stand to go into the room. I stripped the sheets and wiped and traces of the blood and mucous left behind on the mattress. She told me to throw the sheets away but I decided to take them home to wash them and tuck them away just in case. In case of what I have no idea.

Late in the evening, we took the kids over to Celito Lindo for some dinner. We had a few drinks and fed them then went home. They decided to stay over at Adam's dad's place. The dogs were there and they wanted to spend some time with them. They got through a tough hurdle, spending time at the house. They aren't ready to sleep there but this was a good step forward.

0 comments:

 
;