Thursday, February 16

So I bite the bullet

I went to Best Buy last night armed with my Rewards certificate for $5 and a 12% off any mp3 player coupon to spend on a new iPod. The sales rep was older than me, most likely in his mid 50's with a deep voice and thick accent that sounded like poetry. I told him I was there to replace my broken iPod and I whined about how unfair it seemed that I had to replace a $299 piece of equipment that I had for less than two years. He asked if I had an extended warranty in that way that says "I told you so" knowing very well that I did not. He told me I should make sure it's not repairable and sent me to the computer desk so they could analyze the problem. I was fourth in line. I waited for about 10 seconds when he came over and said he would test it for me....which actually sounded like "pleeeez, allow me to cheek your iPod so you dunt have to vait." I was grateful and responded with a big, flirty smile. He plugged it into the computer and discovered what I already knew, I was screwed, hard drive is dead. So I asked about a new hard drive and his suggestion was to get a new iPod because a new hard drive is the same price a new iPod and the technology is better now because there's a chip instead of a hard drive which means less chances of big problems. So I asked him to show me the new ones. That's when he mentioned that he did not have the shuffles or the 1 GB nanos in stock. In my usual whiney tone I said how nice, make me spend lots more money than I want to! So I asked to see the display model and instead of detaching it from its secure location, he took a new one out of the box. He winks at me and says, "Dis eez display model and I will sell to you for deezcount." How could I resist. Especially after he put it in my hand and it was beautiful with its tiny little size and weight and bright display that didn't make me squint. New in box, with discount price, so I whip out my coupon and ask for the additional 12% off thinking I'm gonna really make out which is when he tells me in his georgeous broken English..."iPodz eez exclusions, juz reeed zee back." Sure enough, just like my favorite perfume, there's never going to be money off these things. So I said fine (pout-pout), I have to have one, just ring me up. So he scans the UPC code, takes off the "display model" discount (wink-wink) then turns to me and says, "oh yes, by de way box eez open so dats an eeckstra 10 peercent off". I think my eyes rolled back in my head to the point of near orgasmic ecstacy. So even though it still cost me plenty, at least it was a pleasant experience, like when you get kissed before you get screwed. xoxoxoxox

0 comments:

 
;