Tuesday, February 14

The auditor's uniform

There are auditors in the office for the last few weeks. I watch them go by my office door as they head towards the accounting managers to get their questions answered. They are all young women who apparently need to follow each other's fashion advice. I'm certain their frump-wear is a part of the unified front they must put on as they represent the firm they work for. The one freedom of choice they must have is the shoes they wear although I'm not so certain 'freedom' is the right word since they all have on pointy-toed spikey-heeled shoes. Where's the freedom in wearing the same shoes as all your colleagues? Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's part of the 'uniform'. I am writing this as observation of the results of these women wearing these shoes. I think they need to learn to walk in them. They all walk fast which means they pound their feet from the force of the toes being so much lower than the heels. Because of this force they lean forward, causing them to look hunched over with their hair hanging in their faces. I can hear them coming long before they cross the path of my door. To add to the look, they trip over the pointed toes at least once during the course of the day. They remind me of puppies with feet bigger than their bodies constantly struggling to stay upright. The fashionistas of the world would find it comical to observe since they are as graceful as penguins.

0 comments:

 
;