Saturday, February 25

Relaxin' - well, sort of

Soaking in the hot tub when it's 8 degrees outside means you wear a headband. A glass of wine for courage can help too. But the payoff is magnificent. If I'm really lucky the sky is crystal clear and the wind howls through the barren trees so you can hear the branches whipping back and forth. And the stars seem like you can reach up and pluck them out of the sky. Some look closer than others and some are so dim I'm not quite sure they are just far away or covered with clouds. I can see the big dipper, the North Star, and a formation that looks like a kite. I'm thinking I should learn more about the constellations to make the view more meaningful. Even getting out of the tub has its rewards. When the wind hits my skin it feels as sharp as needles. After relaxing in movement of the warm water, it is quite the contrast. I try not to rush to get inside too quickly but to really feel the moment even though I can't last long. The bottle of pinot grigio is empty now. Sleeping soundly always follows.

0 comments:

 
;