Friday, March 13

Must be the full moon

Work started off crummy today. I don't know how it happened. I know that being in cubicles creates its own problems and I guess I should expect that things can go awry. It all started in the kitchen where I got a glass of water. I noticed there was a consultant, an engineer, and one of the help desk staff all wearing sweatshirts. Even though it is casual jean Friday, I didn't think sweatshirts were allowed.

I went back to my desk and looked up the dress code. My co-worker, Michelle came in, hung up her coat and noticed I had the dress code open on my computer. She asked what I was up to and I told her about being in the kitchen thinking the rules had changed but it turned out, they didn't. People were just not following it. Michelle stated that she thought wearing tennis shoes shouldn't be allowed as well as sweatshirts, but those are allowed on the dress code. I told her I agreed that they should not.

All of a sudden another co-worker starts to shout about how yes, she is in a sweatshirt and tennis shoes and that according to me, she is in voilation. I said not according to me, according to the company but I do think they are gym clothes, not work clothes. After her tantrum, she rants about how she doesn't care because she had a rough week. So I guess it's OK for some people to not follow the rules if they had a rough week. I didn't say that but I was thinking it. I just let it go and ignored the rest of her crap. All I could think of was - is there a full moon? And yes, there is.

Later in the day, the director calls me over to say she heard the conversation and that she wanted me to know that seeing everyone in sweatshirts annoyed her as well and that she will address it with everyone. I was glad for the validation.

0 comments:

 
;