Monday, June 12

Searching for Charlie Brown

I've wanted to spend a summer making Christmas yard decorations. I've always put it off. Kids, work, school, I let it all get in the way. But I vowed that once I finished school, I would get this done. So school is done and I am out of excuses. Usually Jeff wants to spend our spare time on a motorcycle ride, but his health and the health of the motorcycle are in question leaving me with plenty of free time. Take that off the list of excuses too.

I know exactly what I want. I want the final scene from A Charlie Brown Christmas where the gang is in a semi-circle around the little Christmas tree singing Hark the Herald. I'd like to make all the characters 4-feet high out of marine plywood. That stuff with look good for years in our nasty winter weather. All I need is a pattern. I know I have the book somewhere and if I could find it, that would be a good start. Even better, I'd like to purchase a pattern. With all the information on the internet you might think this would be easy. It's not.

I've found commercialized (how ironic) holographic versions of the characters. I've found the video, the book, blogs, and other Charlie Brown Christmas items but not the yard art patterns I'm looking for. I did come across an e-Bay listing where someone actually made the yard art and has it for sale. It's really cool but I want to make it myself. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get such a thing? Maybe I should contact the person selling the stuff on e-Bay. In the meantime, I will keep looking.

0 comments:

 
;