Wednesday, June 7

Say goodbye, it's time to move on

Today I quit my job. I'm going to a different department. Even though the different department has a different company name I'm not sure what I should call it, quitting, transferring, whatever. Either way I am out of here.

It's bittersweet. I really like so many of my co-workers. I made Midge cry. I reminded her I will only be one floor down. I will miss the fun conversations of my lunchtime group and the camaraderie I've developed from working with the accounting staff. But then again, there are a few I won't miss at all.

It's the management that I have problems with. They are all nice people but they aren't leaders that deserve respect and admiration. They lack communication skills, micro-manage their professional staff unnecessarily, and have terrible decision making skills.

They say you don't quit a company you quit a manager. But for the most part, my manager was very good to me. She always made certain I was taken care of. Unfortunately the work lacks challenge so it's time to move on.

The amazing thing is I feel like I'm appreciated for the first time in a long time. I've never felt the need for attention but it sure is strange how all the well wishes from some managers and people I do respect have given me such feelings of mixed emotion. And I was so certain that I wanted this job more than anything since the moment I applied for it. Now these second thoughts are getting to me. But I know I just have to get through the next few weeks and get a fresh new start and I will feel good about my decision again.

New beginnings are so exciting. I can redefine myself, develop new relationships and learn new skills.

0 comments:

 
;