Sunday, May 14

Mother's Day

Mother's Day started out quietly just as I like it. I started the day with my favorite routine, the newspaper and a fresh pot of coffee. The kids said they would be by early in the afternoon so my quite time should last a while. I decided it would be nice to provide some lunch so we headed out to Grasch's for some hot ham and rolls. Along with many other wonderful items the little, exquisite grocery store has to offer.

On our way back home I decided to stop at the Nextel store. Both Grasch's and Nextel are on the same path, both happen to be out of the way from home though. Since we had gone out of the way already it seemed silly not to stop there too. We pulled into the lot at 10:05 wondering if they were open and it just happened they opened at 10. Perfect. Plus there is no one else here. That's even better. So I started my quest for a new cell phone. Jeff was busy with the clerk at the counter trying to get BJ's new Blackberry going. BJ spent close to two hours on the phone yesterday trying to get everything straightened out and they said his phone would be activated within 4 hours. Here it is Sunday and it's still not working. Part of the problem I think is that he got the phone from a friend so it seems setting up a third party phone is a little more complicated. The clerk, Heather was very helpful but the process was time consuming. Since BJ was at home it took two phone calls to get all the information off the phone to get it going. Plus a solid 45 minutes of computer work. Not to mention that Jeff had many questions about his new phone plan and what it was going to cost him to have three people on this new plan.

In the meantime, I narrowed down my phone choices by feature, price, and style. I had three picked out. The clerk came over and said she could probably help narrow my choices down even more. I pointed to the ones I was looking at. She picked up the first one and said the battery doesn't last as long as the others. She picked the second one up and said it's the one they get the most dropped call complaints about. So I said, "This one it is!" Pointing to the third phone in the group. I think she was a little shocked that I made it so easy. It's just a damn cell phone, I really don't care that much.

So we started the activation process all over with my new phone. Because we were transferring my old number over from Verizon, she needed some information from me and we got that going. Lastly, I picked out a phone for Bailee in the style she requested. Luckily that one was free. Since she wanted to remove herself from her ex-creepy boyfriend she had no interest in transferring her old number so this was the easiest activation of the three.

By the time we left it was 11:45. Almost two hours getting phones but at least it was finally done. I'm finally through with Verizon and all the problems with my old cell phone. We got home and Jen had already been by leaving a basket with tropical hibiscus plants and cute flamingo planters. There was also a bottle of Grey Goose and a Yankee candle on the table. Talk about great loot! My kids left me some very nice gifts but I missed them. And they said early afternoon. It's not even noon yet.

I turns out Jen's plans changed with her in-laws and she couldn't make it. I was sorry I missed them and I threw in my motherly guilt by telling them, " that's ok, I was going to make Matt some chocolate chip cookies so now I don't have to." Bailee came home at noon and BJ got his butt out of bed, we had some ham and rolls. Even Toby (aka Jeff) gave me a nice gift. The day was perfect.

0 comments:

 
;