Wednesday, August 23

Night on a Yacht

Last night we were invited by the Marshalls to join them on a boat ride. We rode through Lake Michigan and turned into channel that leads to the Milwaukee River. The really cool thing is that I got to drive! Going under the bridges was really cool, but a bit scary. The trick is to line up the center of the boat with the two red lights that are located under the bridge which from my view were hanging up above. That is the highest point of the bridge. We were on a 40-foot boat that had more than enough room to hold all 16 of us. Some were down in the galley mixing drinks, some hung out off the back of the boat and some were stretched out on the hull. I tried to stay close to the back so I could get the best view without the boat being in the way. I could look behind the boat at the coastline or off to the sides where the slips were and the open water. Such a gorgeous view.

0 comments:

 
;