Monday, August 7

MS Best Dam Bike Tour 2006


I never rode my bike like this before, so many miles, so many hills. What a great time. The scenery was beautiful, the people were friendly, the ride was well planned out. The volunteers were wonderful and I will do it again.

Things I learned on this ride:

  • Pack more clothes. It rained and I should have brought a jacket.
  • Train on hills and in the wind. I could handle it but it would have been
    nice if it was easier.
  • Take Monday off. It's hard to get up at 5 on Monday morning when I had to
    get up at 5 on Saturday and Sunday. I need a day to sleep in.
  • Don't spend so much time at the rest stops. Get water and get going.
  • Eat big at breakfast and light at lunch. Lunch wore me down.
  • Use the services that are offered. I should have gotten a massage.

0 comments:

 
;