Saturday, August 26

It's one of those days

It's one of those days where my brain isn't working right. Everything I want to do isn't turning out quite the way it should. Mostly because I'm not thinking clearly.

I got up and blanched tomatoes immediately. I really wanted this putzy messy job to be done. So it was done pretty early. Since I had all the equipment out, I figured I would add all the other ingredients to can some salsa. I added onions, garlic, and green peppers. I got to the jalapenos knowing very well what can happen when you don't wear rubber gloves when chopping those nasty little devils. But I was getting tired of the whole thing and chopped the peppers without gloves. My hands were on fire. At least I did have the common sense not to rub my face or eyes causing extreme pain to places other than my hands. Dumb. Dumb Dumb. And lazy.

I did get all my laundry done but again, I wasn't thinking. Jeff mentioned that he had some stained shorts that needed to be treated. I did all the laundry then thought about the shorts. Duh.

I knew I was the communion assistant at church today and most times (not always) I also have to bake for the fellowship that follows. I ordered the bread yesterday and picked it up this morning but I wasn't thinking about baking. So an hour before I had to leave for church I discovered that I had to bake! I'm frantically looking for an easy recipe. Luckily the lazy daze cake only takes a half hour. I can preheat the oven, mix the ingredients together and pour them in a pan to bake for 20 minutes. While that's baking I will mix up the topping ingredients, take the cake out of the oven, cover it with the topping and put it under the broiler for 4 minutes. There we have it, a half hour later it's cooling in the window and ready in time for church. Whew.

At least we got to church on time, bread in hand, and cake ready to eat. I picked up a special offering envelope for roof repairs. After church, I wrote a check, put it in the envelope and sealed it up. Between cake and fellowship I inadvertently dropped the envelope back into my purse instead of turning it over to the church. Geez.

On our way home from church, Jeff asked me what I wanted to eat. I decided Panera for soup (it's right down the street from church in the direction heading towards home). As we headed out I changed my mind, I thought let's just go home and cook. Of course there was nothing thawed so I threw a package of ground chuck into the microwave and hit the defrost button. I then headed to the freezer to get some buns out to thaw. I was gaining some efficiency. I chopped up some onion, lettuce, and sliced tomatoes to add to the burgers. After that, I forgot about the whole thing and went upstairs. Good thing Jeff went into the kichen and finished or I would have never had any dinner.

Time for a beer to kill even more brain cells.

0 comments:

 
;