Friday, January 31

Post Surgery Hospital Stay

Saturday in the hospital was easy. The staff made me get up and walk. It was easier than I thought.  The epidural line was removed from my abdomen and I was now on Oxycontin and Oxycodone. No more pain killers directly to the incision. I still didn't feel anything, so it was all good. I was supposed to eat but I just wasn't interested.  I also sat in a chair. I still mostly want to sleep which is what I did when I wasn't doing breathing treatments.

Sunday was the same.  Still not interested in food but I had to eat before they would let me go home.  I took walks with the physical therapist and sat up for a while.  My mom came to visit and while she was here the anesthesiologist came and took the epidural line out of my back.  Still no pain, so I was doing OK. Too bad they had to pull that out while mom was here, I'm not sure I could sit through seeing that. The only problem was I started to itch everywhere. The nurse brought some Benadryl, she said it was a side effect from the medication.  That was the worst symptom I had during my entire stay.

Monday I got to go home. But first I had to learn how to get in and out of bed.  So the physical therapist and I worked on that. It was not easy. But I got it. Then after going over discharge instructions and getting medications together, we were ready to go. There is nothing better than home.

0 comments:

 
;