Tuesday, May 5

I got my Kindle 2

I got my new Kindle 2. It is the coolest little techy device I ever owned. I couldn't wait to get it, I saved for months by putting away my pool winnings. Between the football pools and other little things, I decided to put that money away until I had enough to buy this. It took quite a while but it was well worth the wait.

Once I placed the order and I knew the Kindle was coming, I went to the Amazon website and started to look for books. I wanted my first purchase to be meaningful. I talked to the CFO at work who has one and I asked for his advice. Before I made the purchase I asked him how he liked it and his opinion was my deciding factor (Sony vs. Kindle). I don't want to make the Bible my first download, that seems a little pretentious. Anyway, his suggestion is to download the Federalist Papers so I do. I also downloaded The Divine Comedy as well.

Getting sample books is a great little feature. I can download the first few chapters of a book for free before deciding if I want to buy it. It's pretty cool so I lined up many samples before I had the Kindle.

The problem I have now is I don't know what to read first so I decided to start with the owner's manual.

0 comments:

 
;