Sunday, January 13

Go Pack Go!

This morning I went out to run errands. I had birthday presents to buy as well as door prizes for bowling tonight. Me and my team did pre-bowl yesterday just because we knew we would be going to a Packer party Saturday and we didn't want to be burdened with being on a schedule and having to get to bowling on time. I was pretty happy that I got all my shopping done. With my mom's and nephew's combined birthday party tomorrow, and my mom being so difficult to shop for, I was thrilled to get it done. The hard part was that even though all the shopping was done, since I am responsible for door prizes every time we bowl, even though I didn't have to bowl, I still had to drop the prizes off.

I stopped at home to wrap everything before I headed back out to drop off the door prizes. Since the drop off point was down the street from Petco where I get my kitty groomed, I figured I would take him with me and get his nails trimmed. I walked in the house to find Jeff standing in his long underwear. I had to ask...."Where do you think you are going in that outfit?" He says, "I am going to the game with the boy and his friends." My son had planned on going to the game without a ticket. His friends has tickets and he felt like he couldn't miss this opportunity to go to the playoffs knowing that plenty of tickets are scalped across the street from the stadium. Plus he had a free ride to Green Bay.

Next thing I know, out the door he goes, Packer gear in tow. Go Pack Go! I finished my wrapping, grabbed the cat and headed out. I picked up some snacks to take with me to the Packer party, after all, I was still going even though it would now be all by myself. The only thing that bothered me about going by myself was that I had never been to my friend's new house, it was an hour drive away, and I am not very good at remembering how I got somewhere. I knew I would find it during daylight alright but I wasn't crazy about driving home in the dark, through winding backroads not remembering which direction I took to get there.

The game was great, I couldn't resist making snarky comments on how the snow must be making things miserable knowing very well that Jeff and BJ were having the time of their lives. One can never be miserable when at Lambeau, there is just too much magic there. Even if you aren't a Packer fan. I drove home wondering how long it would take the boys to get home know very well it would be well after I went to bed. I figure at least midnight, especially with all that snow. I was glad the snow didn't come south, so I never saw any outside of what was on television.

It certainly was quite a difference from when we went to the San Diego game back in September:

Compared to what the guys saw on Saturday:


Now if only the Giants could pull off a win and bring the next game back to Green Bay - that is the only thing that could make this weekend any better.

0 comments:

 
;