Thursday, January 24

No Heroes Here

Conversation between bad boss and wonderful manager outside of my cubicle:
WM: "So you were in the service?"
BB: "Yes, I was in the Navy, went to 'Nam."
WM: "Wow, so you're a Vietnam Vet."
BB: "Yes, I was shot in the leg when my helicopter took off."
WM: "Shot?! So, you have a Purple Heart?"
BB: "Ummm.....yesss, I do"
WM: "Well, thank you for your service to our country."

I hate myself but I couldn't resist even though I know he is a liar. It makes me feel even more pathetic when I get this e-mail back from my friend who works at the VA: "The regional office here verified that Mr. L. served during the Vietnam era. The regional office could not verify that he was in Vietnam nor if he was a purple heart recipient." I just had to check.

0 comments:

 
;