Thursday, December 27

No one wants to go

So my boss says he wants to take me out to lunch. Actually he took two of my co-workers out to thank them for the great job they did on a project. Funny thing was one of them did do a great job, the other did only what he had to after being prodded, reminded, retrained, then it was still half-assed and a day late. So let's take him to lunch for a job well done! It turns out that the good employee couldn't make it the day he had it scheduled so he planned another lunch for the next day. So he is going out on the company twice in one week.

Besides the boss, there are four employees. So the boss was taking two out, ignoring the other employee totally and planning something for me next week. But at the last minute, he asked the other employee along on the second lunch and she went. So that left everyone but me. He also took an engineer from another department out as well. But that was on a different day.

The boss says that he wants to schedule lunch with me and one of the engineers for next week. He mentions where he wants to go and I say no, but thanks anyway. I told him I don't like that place because they allow smoking at lunch and so I would rather not go but I appreciate the offer. So I thought I was getting out of it until he scheduled it for someplace else.

What I didn't know was that the engineer in question was also trying his best to get out of it. So once I found that out, I offered him a deal that I won't cancel if he won't so we can get through this thing together and he agrees. So sadly, I have to go and it's gonna suck.

0 comments:

 
;