Monday, November 7

Trip to San Diego

BJ had an extra ticket to the Packer game in San Diego.  And on a whim, I took him up on the offer to use it.  I booked a flight and found us a room for the weekend.  He had to work in SD the day I flew in so it worked out really well.  He picked me up from the airport after his workday was done. 
It was raining when I got there but the temperature was nicer than home.  As I sat in the airport, it was incredible to see flight after flight full of people wearing the Packer green and gold.  So many fans. BJ made plans with his co-workers to head to the Gaslamp district for the evening.  We stopped at a really good restaurant called Lou and Mickey's for a nice dinner then headed over to Whiskey Girl where the place was hopping.

Saturday morning we went for a drive and stopped at a roadside bazaar where I did some shopping.  The view of the ocean was incredible and the weather was perfect, high 60s and sunny.  We drove the coast for a long time.  Since we had no real plans I talked BJ into stopping at a Harley dealer where I bought myself a souvenir shirt.  Then we did the most amazing thing, we went to Quilt in a Day.  Yes, he took me to a quilt shop! And not just any quilt shop, Eleanor Burns' shop!  I was in heaven.  BJ was incredibly gracious about the whole thing and I think he even got a little interested when he noticed that her television studio was in the room next to the store.

After that, we drove back to the hotel all the while in view of the Pacific Ocean.  What a great city.  We got to the hotel in Oceanside in time to watch some college football and hang out in the local bar which was also on the water.  The views were fantastic no matter where we were. 
Sunday was the best day ever. Perfect weather and a parking lot filled with Packer fans.  Qualcomm was impressive but not pretty, not like Lambeau at all. This place was all cement and little character, where Lambeau was all history.

0 comments:

 
;