Thursday, April 5

Magazine rack

I woke up with a belly ache that wouldn't go away. I went through my usual routine, getting my gym clothes on, making the bed, brushing my teeth all the while thinking that if I keep moving I will be able to work things out. I wasn't sure it would be a good idea to get on a treadmill and run feeling this bad but I don't make excuses so I was going to run no matter what. Just as I was ready to head out the door, I knew I would feel better. I ran to the bathroom and while in there, I was staring at the magazine basket across from me.

I was thinking about the magazines in the basket and about how many years have gone by with that basket being there. As I perused the Diabetes Forecasts, the AARP issues, the HOGtales, and the Runner's Worlds I was thinking about how the types of magazines have changed over the years. It was like a part of family history. 20 years ago that basket had Parents magazine, Family Circle, and Woodworkers issues. As the years went by those were replaced with Country craft and quilting magazines as well as Umpire and Referee magazines.

As the times change and our lives change I find it kind of funny how some of our life can be defined within the contents of that magazine rack.

0 comments:

 
;