Wednesday, July 5

Ken Lay died today

Ken Lay died today and all I can think of is that after death I wish he could come back. I wish he could come back so he can tell everyone what hell is really like. And he has to be in hell because I cannot think of anyone anymore deserving. One might argue that the likes of Jeffrey Dahmer might be more deserving but I beg to differ. Ken Lay had no reason but greed for his actions. Not that I am making excuses for a mass murderer but I think they are equally deserving of eternity in hell.

Here he was, after his conviction, living it up on a ski vacation. This is after he robbed investors and employees of everything they put into the company and after he lied and cheated his way through a trial where the jurors saw through the fake veneer. Lay defended his personal spending, including a $200,000 yacht for Linda Lay's birthday party in early 2001, despite $100 million in personal debt. He told jurors it was "difficult to turn off that lifestyle like a spigot." When I read that quote in the newspaper all I could think of was what about the lifestyle of all the lives this man destroyed? Did he even care? So many people had their lives taken from them. So it was hard to tell by his arrogant and irresponsible actions that he gave a shit about anyone but himself.

Skilling is next. Hopefully he won’t die too soon. A life of rotting in jail before he meets his eternity in hell is the kind of suffering both deserved. But one of them ending up in the slammer is still justice.

0 comments:

 
;