Wednesday, July 5

Just another day

Today was the first day of my new job. Somehow I had visions of new beginnings, hoopla, pomp and circumstance. The reality was a half-staffed office, absences due to yesterday being Independence Day, with those of us remaining still recovering from too much sunshine, alcoholic beverages, and lack of sleep from hearing firecrackers go off late into the night.

I don't know why I thought things would be different, that I would be different. There I was, muddling through some new information but feeling like nothing had really changed from the week before. Some moments I feel lost and afraid I won't be good enough at others I feel like this is going to be a piece of cake. I know I need to relax and give it time but I'm wondering if I made the right decision. I hate self-doubt. It's so repressing and counter-productive. Arrrgh!

0 comments:

 
;