Thursday, April 17

Post Surgery Update

Now that I am 6 weeks into physical therapy, I feel like I've come so very far but still have far to go. I can pretty much do anything but run.  I can walk, bend (properly), squat, and move much more normally. The physical therapists are teaching me how to do all these thing properly.  It's a lesson for life - to keep me in top shape throughout old age. Most patients would be ending their physical therapy now, however they suggest another 4 weeks for me.  So I asked them if I failed.  The answer was no, I just have loftier goals. So most people come in wanting to do the basic things but since I want to run it will take me longer to get there.  I am struggling with the idea that in 4 weeks I will reach that goal.  But when I look back, I never thought I would feel this good at this point in the healing process. So I'm hanging on to hope.

0 comments:

 
;