Tuesday, December 8

Mother Nature is in control

The snow is coming, a blizzard in fact. Of course it is supposed to start tonight and keep coming until noon tomorrow. My flight leaves at 8:45 tomorrow morning, I hope. Everyone is freaking out over the weather which I don't understand. It's winter in Wisconsin and it is always like this. Year after year, it doesn't change. And the people who freak out over it every year don't change either. It's like a bad boring habit to discuss the weather.

A coworker did email the boss this morning from Albuquerque to say his flight back to Milwaukee was already cancelled even before the snow starts coming. Things are not looking good.

No one understands why I am so calm. Why not stay calm? I can't change it or fix it - mother nature is going to do what she does no matter what I think so why worry? I do check the airline regularly throughout the day and the flight is still on although the airport status says check your flight before heading out. By the afternoon the airline is asking if I want to reschedule but the flight is still on. I will wait.

By the end of the workday I decided that if the flight gets cancelled, it's ok. After all, we were feeling bad about missing a funeral that we really should attend this Saturday. We tried to get out of the trip but we would lose almost all the money we put into it. If it was the weather's fault we could reschedule without an extra charge.

0 comments:

 
;