Saturday, November 11

VCPI Bowling Night

We went out for the first time with my new department. It was a bowling party. Luckily for me it was held at Olympic Lanes, close to home. I haven't been in the place for years and it was wonderfully updated, bright and cheery, very well ventilated. I am happy to report that I bowled a 189, 188, and a 183 game. At the end of bowling we were served pizzas. I have to find out where they are from. They were really good.

We headed to the bar as soon as our games were complete. By then half the bowlers had left leaving those of us with no ties to anything else on a Friday night. Although I was invited to another after-work party down at the Ale House. If the weather was better (it was raining and sleeting outside) I would consider going back downtown if this party didn't turn out to be interesting. But since the weather sucked, it's going to be here or home.

The bar was a great time. After a few Corona Lights (bonus! they have the light beer) I was relaxed and having a great time. I wasn't so sure some of these people even knew who I was but apparently I was wrong. Maybe it's just the nature of their work or their intenseness on the job that gave me the feeling that I was invisible to them. Anyway, I was wrong they knew who I was. Just knowing that will make me feel better, more comfortable at work.

We chatted with a few people, getting to know them better. The really cool thing is that I discovered that one of my co-workers also bowls on my HOG league. That is too funny. Here we're into the third month of bowling and I never knew that. Of course in the HOG league we don't get to bowl against all the teams so there's a chance I would have never known she was there if we didn't talk about it here.

There were so many nice people but I already knew that. Bowling just was verification of what I already knew.

0 comments:

 
;