Wednesday, March 5

Post Surgery Update

After being home for 6 weeks after surgery, I am ready to get out of the house.  It's been hard lying around all the time and even though I have no strength to do anything else, I am looking forward to my post-op doctor visit. In the past 6 weeks I have totally followed doctor's orders. I wear the bone stimulator 12 hours a day and I've been off all the pain medication since February 15th. The medication was making me sick to my stomach and I can hardly eat.  Everything makes me gag. I keep doing my walking laps as required then drink lots of water and even that is hard to get down.
Laminectomy
My Hardware

I am staying hopeful that these days go by quickly because this recovery is hard. At my doctor visit today, we discuss my progress and how well I am doing. Each visit will include an x-ray of my spine. So I can see all that hardware. Wow!

I now get to start physical therapy and get moving. I am really looking forward to getting through this and getting better.

0 comments:

 
;