Friday, October 25

Selling Clinique

All of a sudden I am really digging eBay.  In the past I have sold things like Christmas ornaments, fabric, clothing and lots of shoes and boots. Another item I've had lots of success with is cosmetics. I don't really use that many cosmetics but I do love Clinique lipstick and lip liner and also their face soap. Since both Boston Store and Macy's will have Clinique days sales, I only buy what I need during those sales.  That means I get lots of make up bags and many samples. Most of which I will never even try yet use.  So I sell them on eBay and they are surprisingly popular. Sadly I have been hoarding 18 of those things. If I do the math (2 stores with 2 sales per year = 4 divided by 18 = 4.5), I've had some of these cosmetic bags for 4 and a half years! It is definitely time to let them go so I listed 12 of them on eBay. Amazingly, all of them are going to sell. The bidding is going well and I am happy that I will be making some extra cash off of them and I am happy that someone will use these nice products.

Considering all that will sell, I still have quite a few items left.  In fact, I put together a makeup kit for my granddaughter. Kind of crazy and a little decadent that a little girl's play will include some Clinique.  Even after that I still have some great stuff left. And I only kept the stuff I think I would definitely use, even if I can't justify how to use 6 new makeup bags.
It's a little bit of work but worth it, it's like getting some of my money back to pay for the ones I like. Since I have bids on all the items listed on eBay, I better start digging up some shipping boxes!

0 comments:

 
;