Monday, August 26

New Fence

This is our neighbor's deck. It's a little tough to tell from the photo but the two section on the far right are crooked.  They slope towards each other.  It drives my husband crazy.  My husband is a perfectionist. He loves working on home improvement projects however it takes him a long time to finish things because they have to be perfect.  Whenever I suggest that things are fine if they are a little off he just laughs at me.  So whenever he walks outside he cringes and snickers when the deck next door comes into view. 

So that became one of many reasons to put up some privacy fence. Obviously there are many other better reasons but that one is on the list somewhere.  I really wanted the fence to add some privacy but most importantly is that I wanted to have a place to tack up a movie screen and project outdoor movies in the yard with my granddaughters. I also wanted the fence for a place to hang my quilts for photos.  Plus it makes a nice backdrop for some seriously cute landscaping.  Maybe some tall bushes between the panels or maybe some giant planters of flowers and plants.  Maybe some climbing flowers on the fence and probably some hanging planters attached somewhere. 

So we started installing the fence early in the day and of course after the first panel took a really long time. I was worried about doing this well into the evening but we learned how to be much more efficient after the first one and we were done by mid-afternoon. Yay! It was a 90-degree day and a crazy thing to do in the hot sun.  There are still some things that need to be finished like cutting off the tops of some of the posts and filling in the post holes but we are both very glad to get it done.


0 comments:

 
;