Sunday, July 14

A Structured Life

Two months ago today, I lost my job.  Since the day it happened, I haven't talked about it.  I still don't want to talk about it.  Jeff is worried that one of these days I am going to have a major meltdown.  Sometimes he is waiting on pins and needles for me to crack.  I'm not going to.  I know I'm not.  A funny thing happened the day my company told me they were reorganizing and eliminating not only my job, but my department.  I didn't care. I packed my stuff up took it home and started doing projects I like. I think that maybe it is a sign that I didn't belong there in the first place. 

I urethaned furniture, did gardening, cleaned up the garage and some stuff in the basement.  I even sorted through all my Christmas decorations. It was May and I was sorting Christmas crap.  It felt good. All those little projects that waited for sometime to come were getting done. You would think I would be happier.  But I'm not.  I feel unsettled.  I am doing everything I've dreamed of.  Nothing when I want to do nothing. Quilting when I want to quilt. House projects when I really feel ambitious.  But something is missing.  Maybe it's guilt because I am doing exactly what I want. Every day is perfect. Or maybe I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I do think I know what the problem is. I am a creature of habit.  I love structure and routine.  And I currently do not have a routine. I think I have to work on that.  I better put it on my to-do list.

0 comments:

 
;