Thursday, August 4

My Back Pain - No More Chiropractor

I am currently on chiropractor visit number 14.  It is starting to feel frustrating that my foot is still numb.  I can attest that my back doesn't hurt and I don't need to walk with a cane any more but I still cannot feel my toes on my left foot.  If I stretch my leg it cramps up terribly.  It just isn't getting any better.  The physical therapists are young and unengaging and the visits are starting to feel like a waste of time. To top off my frustration, as I am waiting in the chiropractor's office, I am asked to stop by the billing office. 

I have been paying the balance of my visits through my flex benefit account so they are getting paid so I don't know what this could be about.  As it turns out, I was only eligible for 10 visits a year through my insurance, and they were apologetic that they did not notify me of that 4 visits ago.  So they wanted to offer me a package deal, 10 visits for $40 each, paid in advance.  I said I would get back to them on the deal. Because they were so late in notifying me, they did also offer me $45 per visit for today and the last 3 times I was there if I didn't want the package deal.

Internally, I was already frustrated with my progess and thinking about how I was starting to feel like I was getting sucked in - this was the validation I needed. I would not be coming back.

I got home and called my doctor to schedule that MRI.  It was time.

0 comments:

 
;