Sunday, June 19

My Back Pain - Chiropractor

I went back to work on Monday.  I started the day in the gym like I did every day but only this time I wasn't working out - I came to use the handicap shower stall that had bars and a seat.  It felt fabulous to wash the back of my hair.  Since the injury I could not lift my arms above my head and now I could sit and lean forward to let the shower run over me.

I got to work and everyone was surprisingly sympathetic.  I had some critical projects to complete but they were behind so as it turned out, I didn't miss anything. I was glad no one was disappointed that I was off. It was a little embarassing walking around with a cane (yes, I took my doctor's advice and got one, it was very helpful).  I completed the short-term leave of absence forms that were required by my employer and handed in my work release that gave me permission to work 6 hours a day so I could go to the chiropractor. 

After two weeks of this new routine, I was feeling a little better although I still had some real issues.  Most of the back pain was tolerable but I still needed the cane because I tended to trip over things since I could not feel my left foot. The chiropractor explained that the bulge in my back was pressing on my sciatic nerve causing the lack of feeling, numbness.  He started to do adjustments on my ankle as well as my spine and he gave me some stretching exercises to help relieve the numbness.

0 comments:

 
;