Friday, April 9

Art in Bloom

I went to Art in Bloom with Jen today. This is an event where local floral designers create their own floral arrangements inspired by specific pieces of art at the Milwaukee Art Museum. The flower arrangements are then placed at the location within the museum where the art is displayed. This was a great way to explore the entire museum. Besides the floral displays, there were floral vendors available for classes and some had their own booths in the marketplace located in the museum's atrium. It was very tempting to purchase some stuff for my yard, but that would be premature, since I really needed some basic things, like clean fill before I can think about these pretty things. But I did resist and left with nothing more than some good ideas for some designs in my own backyard. The designs were beautiful and it was incredible how well each one reflected the art as intended. Here are some of the wonderful designs:




0 comments:

 
;