Monday, September 7

Labor Day picnic

BJ was home for the long weekend and I suggested that he invite his friends over for a barbecue on Monday so he doesn't have to chase all over to see them. He thought it was a great idea so we planned a nice lunch. The beauty is that I didn't have to worry about lots of drinking and guests staying too long since BJ had to get on a plane around 5pm.

I invited family and he invited his friends so we had a little gathering of 30 people for lunch. I made enough food for everyone, bought a bunch of soda, but asked that they all bring their own beer. Funny thing happened, they brought no beer. They spent so much of the weekend partying that they didn't want any. So they were a pretty subdued group.


I won a cornhole game at a golf outing recently so we got to play for the first time. I made the little corn bags for the game so I got to try them out first. It is a cool game and it kept everyone entertained for the afternoon. Small children played in the sand left where the swimming pool was standing and I dug out some toys I've been saving for them to play with.

It was an tense afternoon, filled with crap I hate. Jen and Matt won't talk to BJ, Kelly is mad at Mike, Carmen is mad at Kelly and as far as I am concerned they are all wrong and ridiculous. I stay out of all of it, but it eats away at me. I don't know if I should get involved but I just don't see the worth of sticking my two cents in. All I know is I am annoyed at all of them. Maybe if I blogged my thoughts I would feel better - that is until one of them reads this.

Once everyone heads out, I am left with Bailee and Adam and we all sit down and have a beer (except for pregnant Bailee of course). It's crazy that when it comes to some things these two seem the most normal yet they have the most bad stuff that they are up against. Maybe it's the adversity that makes them more normal than the rest.

At the end of this day, I am just glad everyone was fed, had a good time, or pretended to, and went home. It was good to have BJ home, good to see him and all his nice friends. It was good to have all the family together, no matter what. I don't think I will do this again.

0 comments:

 
;