Wednesday, October 31

The Good Luck Cat

As I drove to work today, in the dark as usual, I saw something white, like a flash, out of the corner of my eye. I instantly took my foot off the gas while getting my bearings on whatever it was that was moving to my left. It's funny how sometimes you just know, like a sixth sense, that you should be wary. It turned out that the little white flash was a cat streaking across the six-lane road I was travelling. I saw it before it got to the road and it was moving so fast that it had crossed the three lanes on the other side and the median before it got to me. As I applied the brakes hard, it was looking right into my right headlight. I could see its eyes clearly. Of course, it kept going at its constant gallop until it disappeared into the bushes on the other side of the road.

I was mad at the cat - if I would have hit it, the experience would have left me traumatized for a very long time. How dare that cat almost ruin my day. And of all days, here we are on Halloween, I have to have a cat run right in front of me! All this happened in the course of a few seconds and I continued on. As I drove on with my heart pounding, I started to think about black cats bringing bad luck when they cross your path. Since the cat that ran in front of me was totally white could that mean it brings good luck?

At that moment I pulled into a gas station and purchased a Power Ball, Mega Bucks, and Super Cash lottery ticket. Couldn't hurt to try.

0 comments:

 
;