Wednesday, May 24

My Friend Rose

This is a photo I've loved for a very long time. It was taken at a holiday gathering at my friend Carol's house. The photo includes Carol's mother, Rose. Over the past few years I have come to call Rose not just my friend's mom, but my friend. We played Words with Friends pretty much daily. Sometimes I had a lapse where I didn't log on to my iPad and sometimes Rose wasn't there either. But for the most part, Rose and I played that game with vigor. We chatted on the app's chat log and had 2 and sometimes 3 games going at once. We both agreed that we were each other's best competition. When I had my very painful spine surgeries, I spent most of my days alone recovering while my husband was away during the day at work. No matter how miserable I was during those days I always had Rose. I could count on her being there. I know Rose had some health issues too. But neither of us ever mentioned what we were going through when we chatted. We stayed positive no matter what. She was always there. I hope she thought that of me as well.

This week Rose passed away. I don't know what I will do without her.

0 comments:

 
;